Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Breaking My Promise

I once again realized that I am my own worst enemy.

Since my promise to post about ‘Heimish women fulfilling their potential’, I haven’t posted anything. The fact that I have so little spare time wouldn’t have affected my blogging if I could just write about my random thoughts of the day. But if I am obligated to blog about a topic that would require writing an actual article - I would need to get into it and verify facts… so of course I find myself procrastinating - - and ultimately staying offline.

My day job – which happens not to pay much, requires writing so many well researched articles that I will avoid writing anything obligatory at all costs. I’ve got a project that needs completing, and the self-imposed deadline, is understandably continuously being postponed… Perhaps when this project is completed – hopefully by the end of the month – I will devote my time and give y’all what I promised. Until then – I’ll take the liberty to blog whenever I get the itch to share a thought.

And wouldn’t you guess - at the moment I’m blank.

Hey, I’m entitled. I’ve already attended three weddings this week, and we’re only on Monday! Monroe, B.P. and Williamsburg. If I wasn’t so exhausted, I would find material right here…

9 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 5:47 AM, Blogger exsemgirl said...

Waiting with baited breath....lol!

 
At January 17, 2006 7:48 AM, Blogger SemGirl said...

Hello Mrs. Sheitls

Thought you went on a nice vacation a few weeks ago, Well get some rest, you deserve it.

Were all these weddings family? Did you absolutely have to attend. If you can't , you can't. Your health comes first..

 
At January 23, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Mir said...

trued seeker, I also thought the same thing when I saw the video! I wonder if he really helps people like he said, or if he just has a bunch of teenagers hang out and smoke in his apartment. There were absolutely no signs that several people have been living in that small apartment!

 
At January 23, 2006 9:26 PM, Blogger Hoezentragerin said...

I actually spoke to someone who knows him personally.
He is supposed to be a genius and Talmud chochom, and yes, his home is an oasis of sorts for many lost teens.

 
At January 24, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Hoezentragerin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 24, 2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Hoezentragerin said...

S C (what)?
Look, you obviously know Hershy way better than I do.
I still feel though that his interview, intentionally or perhaps unintentionally, actually made a kidish hashem.
If he left yidishkeit but is torah observant today, as he claims to be, that is all that really matters at this point.
See, you might feel more comfortable with the bucher who still wears the full livush but is secretly mechalel shabos.
I rather he wears a ponytail and eats kosher.

And btw, since you know Hershy so well, perhaps you can enlighten me as to why his father left Satmar and became a Vishnize chosid instead.

 
At January 24, 2006 2:50 PM, Blogger Totally Content said...

Ho -
You said: See, you might feel more comfortable with the bucher who still wears the full livush but is secretly mechalel shabos.
I rather he wears a ponytail and eats kosher.

I couldn't agree with you more. There is nothing more repulsive than a fraud. I just felt this burning need to reiterate this point.

 
At January 24, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Hoezentragerin said...

Hu?
You, Shietel are actually agreeing with me?
Do we blame this on yesterday's weather or on Cliff's assumptions?;)

 
At January 24, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Totally Content said...

Ho -
Let me just say that it was refreshing to find something redeeming in your words...

And more than that, it was liberating to merely have to agree about the repulsiveness of a certain character trait - without personally having to state my disapproval to anyone in particular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home