Friday, August 10, 2007

EMPTY MOMENTS

The stupidity.
The futility.
The meaningless emptiness
of killing time.

Happens all the time.

Time: too precious a commodity
to watch it crawl.
To watch it fall.
Like raindrops.
So many. So fast.
So dreary. So blank.

A wall of grey.

Exhausting. Encompassing.
Stifling. Suffocating.

And yet -
Time flies.
Leaving in its wake
Blinding dust.
And the smell of burnt rubber.
The stench of failure.

The stupid, futile, empty sound
Of the ticking clock.

I hear it all the time.

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you blog only when you're sad, lonely and depressed! You will feel better once people come back from vacation.

 
At January 07, 2009 9:17 PM, Blogger Samuel Katz said...

I love your poems, especially Ode to darkness and Empty Moments (I like its rhythm)

I also like the pictures you put at the end of pin drop and the sweet java one, it shocks its reader who was expecting something grand. Ultimately discovering it in the trivial.

 
At June 18, 2010 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

erev shabbos 6.18.10
I also began to blog in '07, so much turmoil it became a trickle, but I started up and you've been on my Best Blogs list...I hope you continue to write...stop by my blog, I also write. Rochel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home