Wednesday, August 01, 2007

An Ode to Darkness

I thank you for the stars
that you've illuminated,
Even though I know it isn't
something you've created.

I'll grant you that I wasn't
as aware before
I never saw it quite like this,
Millions twinkling - maybe more.

Some would say, you've brought magic
or perhaps some other form of light,
But that's not it - as we well know:
You've simply brought the night.

Now in the darkness that envelopes me,
I've become more aware,
of all the wonder in my life
and of the good that is so near.

So I still thank you for the stars
that you’ve helped illuminate,
though caused by the pain of the night
- You’ve taught me to appreciate.

1 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!
This is complexity at its best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home