Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hello Again.

This summer I was reading the comments on some of the other Heimish blogs, and I questioned my sanity in wanting to post anything new. Apparently, regardless of what the blogger set forth to be discussed, the topic inevitably went right back to the dead argument. The narrow-mindedness surrounding us and the community’s lack of ‘acceptance’ of dissidents. Neither side will grant the other right, which is precisely why I find the repetition of this argument so infantile.

As a blogger myself, I often just wish to share general observations that would quite naturally be set in the ‘SatWillSidic’ lifestyle. Not because the lifestyle created the scenario, but rather, being that the scene took place in my life, with my life being situated here, quite naturally there are overtones of said lifestyle. I don’t want though, that the only thing taken out of what I write, to be a repeat of the old. We know that some of you find this community to be narrow-minded, stuffy and archaic, while some of us actually find this place to be warm, innocent and yes – on some level: pure. I ask not that you agree with my assessment, especially since my assessment isn’t the topic of the day. I simply wish to blog about my day. A day that gave me food for thought, and the thoughts – the itch to write. A day that naturally is filled with activities that reflect my lifestyle and beliefs.

I’ve given up trying to explain my beliefs. What I do find so hard to fathom is that those that are so angry with a world that they claim is devoid of ‘acceptance’, can’t find it in their hearts to be accepting of those that still hold beliefs that doesn’t coincide with theirs. At least let the promoters of ‘acceptance’ be accepting first. Only then can they fight for acceptance themselves. After all, shouldn’t the believers of the ‘Live and let live’ mentality, be the first to ‘let live’?

That said – can we talk about something else for a change?

I’ve written a lot over the past few months, and while some stuff has been published elsewhere, I have been holding on to some articles, not having found the right audience. I don’t write for the audience, I write because it’s in me. It’s who I am. It’s what I do. And while I don’t care for being judged for my perceptions, I know that it’s a risk that comes with this job.

I need to write. So I guess it’s a risk that I’ll have to take.

3 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 5:59 PM, Blogger SemGirl said...

This awesome, I havent checked your blog since July. And just a few minutes ago, I saw your link somewhere and said lets try it, and voilla! you just returned..

Im happy to see your back.

 
At November 06, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Duby said...

Finnaaally. Great to have you back. pls continue writing.

 
At February 12, 2009 4:43 PM, Blogger Elke Reva Sudin said...

I love that you are able to express yourself and the constant conflicting issues that swim around in our cross cultural/spiritual world. I am doing an illustrated study of frum women fashions and what that reflects about the culture, and I was wondering if you could help as a primary resource. Please check out my website http://www.ElkeRevaSudin.com to see my illustrations and contact me (there is a link on the site) if you are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home